News

Cockroach infestation closed Good Food for a day

A Parker Place eatery became the first restaurant in Richmond shut down in 2012, nearly six months into the calendar year.

Good Food, at 1055-4380 No. 3 Rd., was closed by health officials earlier this month following a routine inspection.

The eatery was closed because of a "critical hazard" of cockroach infestation and unsanitary conditions.

According to an inspection report, live cockroaches were found throughout the premises, including moving across the floor, under equipment and in glue traps.

"An inadequate number of glue traps were observed onsite and most were filled with (sic) captures cockroaches, indicating an inadequate frequency of pest control and a substantial pest infestation in this premises."

Regarding the eatery's cleanliness, the report said: "This premises is in very  poor sanitary condition and is ordered closed by Public Health Act Order."

The restaurant was closed on June 7, and permitted to re-open on June 8.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Demand for digital content grows at Richmond Public Library
 
Pedestrian dead, another injured in pair of collisions
 
Once Upon a Time makes for repeats when it comes to tourism
Crash cuts power to Langley homes
 
Maple Ridge offers low-flow toilet tax credit
 
Liberal MLA OK for a second run
Election 2014: Jackie Mandzak seeks seat on Langley Township council
 
Alleged driver in fatal hit-and-run is a Surrey RCMP hired consultant
 
Mystery photo album found on empty lot

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 17 edition online now. Browse the archives.